Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Has the lesson been learned?

Note: This is an opinion piece and reflects the opinion of the author.

I'm posting this at the risk of losing quite a few friends I have in AW, however I feel it needs to be said.

I've heard rumors about Sevens getting unbanned. For those of you that do not know why he was banned (does anyone not know?), he was banned for standing by and supporting NobleClock's deletion of AWTeen Ground Zero. Sevens was a community leader, as Flagg posted, for AWFX and Mars. AWFX has been restored to its original state. I'm not quite sure Sevens ever got around to doing very much with Mars. So as far as I know, no action with Mars was taken.

My problem with all of this is Sevens has ways to get in touch of some AWI Staff members after hours, so he says. I find it disgusting that he watched it, applauded it and is going to end up with a tap on the hand telling him "Bad Boy."

The hours of frustration Flagg, Martin and Strike Rapier went through to restore AWTeen to the best of their abilities is apparently not enough to get someone banned for long enough to learn a lesson. I'm not saying that this happens on a regular basis, it doesn't, but its a big thing, and should, in my opinion, be treated as such. If Sevens is let back into the universe in the near future, I hope AWI has enough integrity to not allow him to have CT of any AWI worlds. He proved he doesn't respect one of their worlds, AWTeen, and it got him banned. So stupidity says, give him a different one? Puhleese!

Flagg posted about NobleClock complaining he wanted more power, and now we see why it would've been a bad idea to give it to him. But what about Sevens? Strike Rapier fired Sevens as Object Path Manager after the NewEra/Brant fiasco where Sevens gave permission for the AWTeen OP to be used. Since this, he has complained that Strike Rapier refuses to give him another chance. He applied to be a Just Ask Me guide and couldn't figure out why his application was denied. If we are going to condemn NobleClock, shouldn't we be doing the same to Sevens? Was Sevens not once an AWTeen Community Member?

Another issue I have is I see well respected citizens posting stuff for Sevens on the forums. I can only wonder what they are thinking. Is the possibility there for this to backfire on them? If someone is banned from something (in this case, the forums) please have the decency to not post things for them.

Who is more at fault? The murderer or the guy standing by laughing and encouraging it? In my opinion, they're about the same. We're not dealing with murder of people, but quite a few builds were lost in the destruction.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What About Me? (GC)

Anonymous said...

epic failure post.